VOGONS

issue with Pentium III 1.4

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by TOBOR

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
candle_86 wrote:

No U printed on the board, but seller stated its compatible, and intel doesn't say there are 2 versions of this board on their site. So the board better work with a Tully or both the seller and intel are gonna get an earful, neither are clear.

But looking there is no U listed, and I just went onto ebay to inform the seller I will not pay their 20% restocking fee and they will take the motherboard back, at least its ebay and I have seller protection meaning they can't actually charge me a 20% restocking fee if I dont want one.

Ironic as well, Intel on the bios page for this board lists out adds support for 1.2 celeron, add support for 1.4 celeron.

No U means no support for the Tualatin. It will not have the voltage regulation needed to support that cpu. NOT COMPATIBLE. I know what I am talking about.

If the truth hurts, tough shit.

Reply 21 of 21, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I'll test with the 1.26 and if no go I'll toss in something else that I know works. My buddy called me up after he found something in a dumpster.

So you KT600 Gragon Plus with Athlon XP 2600. If the person doesn't work I'll use this for 98se 🤣