VOGONS

First post, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi everyone !

I never used SystemSoft Cardwizard and I don't really know what to do with it ...

Here's the configuration under Windows 95 :

cardbus.gif
Filename
cardbus.gif
File size
5.16 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I guess with config.sys I need to load the drivers, so far what I did was

DEVICE=C:\CARDSOFT\SSCIRRUS.EXE
DEVICE=C:\CARDSOFT\CS.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=C:\CARDSOFT\CSALLOC.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=C:\CARDSOFT\CARDID.EXE

I guess SSCIRRUS.EXE is the driver, however I don't know which one to choose as there are 3 manufacturers for cardbus in my computer according to the device manager of windows 95. The actual configuration doesn't seem to work as when I launch "CARDID.EXE", it reports "cannot read the card from library"

I'm completely lost here x)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 7, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It says "Slot 0:
Slot 0 is empty

Slot 1:
Slot 1 is empty"

Even though I have a 3com NIC in one of them (and the slots don't seem to initialize as the NIC's lights aren't turning on)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 4 of 7, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, but I can start whatever "SSxxxxx.EXE" program and they won't complain about anything so I don't think SSCIRRUS.EXE really work. I don't know which one I should start (if any). Are there other program for this available on the internet ?

Reply 6 of 7, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for the late answer ...

So, in the bios there's nothing to tweak about pcmcia.

Tellme reports

Tell Me The PCMCIA Host Adapter  Version 2.25.1 (Mar 31 1997)
Copyright (C) OSITECH Communications, Inc. 1994-1997. All rights reserved.

Testing for PCI BIOS ... PCI Configuration mechanism 1
PCI BIOS detected.
Scanning for PC Card bridges ...
Texas Instruments PCI-1250 CardBus Revision ID 02h
Base Address 003E0h
[03E0, 00]
[03E0, 40]
Number of Sockets Detected: 2

Reply 7 of 7, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The SS***.exe have to be loaded from config.sys, and they should complain when they don't find their chipset...
Cardsoft Socket and Services are quite old relative to Cardbus so it probably doesn't support your chipset, however Cardware 7 does:
http://www.tssc.de/site/products/cardware/cwdw/default.aspx

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics