VOGONS

First post, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ceKyE34g.jpg
Click on the picture to see the full resolution.

Reply 2 of 7, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alvaro84 wrote:

It is. May work, though. May not.

it isn't working, but anyway i will use another with 133mhz fsb, no motherboard beep, post code 00 on my post analyzer.
I may have chipped it while i installed a socket A cpu heatsink, i even bent the retaining clip to prevent excessive force while inserting it.
oh well.

Reply 3 of 7, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That doesn't look too severe compared to couple CPUs I have which got all their corners missing (and still work).

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 5 of 7, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update: in my country we have 220v AC and 110v AC as mains electricity, the psu that came with the system was switched to 220v and i was using one 110v outlet, you all are free to call me stupid 🤣.

Reply 6 of 7, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tiido wrote:

That doesn't look too severe compared to couple CPUs I have which got all their corners missing (and still work).

I usually like to keep CPUs with intact dice in my collection. I have a Duron though, that has all of its corners chipped off. Looks so ugly I was amazed it would still work. Okay, the circuit itself is at the bottom, but still.

@.legacY - You have both 110 and 220v outlets? If they have the same design it's a call for trouble! 😲

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 7 of 7, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alvaro84 wrote:
Tiido wrote:

I usually like to keep CPUs with intact dice in my collection. I have a Duron though, that has all of its corners chipped off. Looks so ugly I was amazed it would still work. Okay, the circuit itself is at the bottom, but still.

@.legacY - You have both 110 and 220v outlets? If they have the same design it's a call for trouble! 😲

In my country both 110v and 220v outlets are physically the same(only difference is in color coding, 220v outlet is red and 110v outlet is white, but you can do 220v on the white outlet).

GAxiWir.png
On the image the red text is the wiring for 220v, and the black text is the wiring for 110v
The only difference in sockets here is that we have one socket for 10A loads(with the hole diameter of 4mm) and one socket for 20A loads(with the hole diameter of 4.8mm), the 20A socket can fit the 10A plug, but the 10A socket can't fit the 20A plug.

Wrong voltage errors aren't new for me, i blew up one ATX psu by having it switched for 110v and plugging into a 220v outlet(because they didn't used the red outlet, and the owner of the place told me that it was 110v), and most of the time when i get new stuff that still uses the switch i have problems because they leave factory with the 220v selected because people like me usually will not pay attention, 220v appliance on 110v outlet will just not work, 110v appliance on 220v outlet will blow up.