VOGONS

First post, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Folks,

does someone happen to have updated BIOS for Octek Fox II 286 mainboard, or eventually similar BIOS for Headland HT/12A chipset?

The thing is that my board doesn't have EMS configuration option in BIOS, although other boards seem to have it. Also, the memory relocation feature doesn't seem to work.

My current BIOS is AMI, ID DH1X-6069-113090-KF

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 4, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Versions 2, 6, 7 and 8 here are for the HT12 chipset, but I haven't tested any of them and don't know about their features. I'm attaching another variant from a BI-025C-HT12 board that I have and I'm pretty sure that it has the memory relocation setting. Not so sure about the EMS, and unfortunately I cannot test the board in the near future.

Filename
BI-025C-HT12.rar
File size
47.12 KiB
Downloads
118 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, I'll try them. I've managed to purchase a whole lot of 27C256 EPROMs so I'll burn all the BIOSes and will see.
The board is still under reconstruction (minor battery leak and oxidation) but I hope to get it into mint condition very soon 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also have a HT12/A mobo with a 286/16 I just have to remember to dump the bios....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 4, by Kubik

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, so I've tried all the BIOSes and they're pretty much the same, except for the EMS enablement option in setup. I'll keep the original BIOS chips intact and will use one of the "other" BIOSes, although I probably won't use EMS after all, but it's good to have that option.
It turned out the memory relocation only works when the board has 1MB RAM - it's not working with more RAM.