VOGONS

First post, by deleted_nk

User metadata

Edited.

Last edited by deleted_nk on 2020-12-02, 07:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 10, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That is, indeed, a "generic beige computer case" and is not specific to any one PC maker. Years ago I found one with the same front panel design, but fitting Baby AT motherboards; it had no marks identifying a manufacturer.

Reply 3 of 10, by grjr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the exact same case long ago housing the first computer I bought with my own money (a celeron 500 on a slot 1 440bx mobo with 64mb pc100 ram). The case was very common and sold in many shops, it originally came with a deer psu which was a piece of junk. I believe the case sold under the supercase brand or maybe apex, it was so long ago I'm not quite sure.

The case originally had three 5.25 drive bays and there was a later version with four 5.25 drive bays that added a couple of usb ports to the side of the front bezel along with small cutouts on the side panels for additional airflow. I know this because my brother bought the latter version when he built his first computer a 1GHz t-bird and 512MB DDR. Good times. I could be wrong about the later version, I built quite a number of computers back then for friends/family and could be confusing the details.

Reply 5 of 10, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ninkeo wrote:

Hey guys, years ago before I got into the hobby of retro PC gaming, I foolishly threw away my old AMD K6-based system when I upgraded to something modern in 2010. Recently during a cleanout I found its old side doors, and gave me the urge to at least find out more about it, and perhaps seeing if I could track one down. Luckily I did find some images of what it looked like from my previous search efforts, but I've never been able to find anything concrete about it apart from 'generic beige computer case'.

This isn't going to help much but this place called it the ATX101 - https://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/CASES_COMPUTER.HTM - a pretty generic name befitting a generic case 😀 best bet is to try and find an old system on eBay or Gumtree with that same case, you might have to be vigilant though.

Reply 7 of 10, by deleted_nk

User metadata

Aiyamicro has it listed as the A800TX. Still no branding or anything but that one looks identical to the one I had, even the side panel looks the same.

Thank you all for the help so far, looks like I might have to go dumpster diving and find one.. maybe 🤣

For reference, another guy looked for something similar, probably from the same brand at PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS CASE!!! :D

Reply 8 of 10, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
grjr wrote:

...there was a later version with four 5.25 drive bays that added a couple of usb ports to the side of the front bezel along with small cutouts on the side panels for additional airflow...

I actually have one of the later revision cases from ~2005 or so, still no branding on it though. It came from a local privately-owned computer shop that's still in business today. Other than having a Celeron-D, I don't remember what specs it had. I received it for disposal after its previous owner passed away, and almost immediately gutted it so I could use the case as a temporary home for some K6-era parts to make an NT4 box, until I can find another proper AT case for them.

Barring a lucky find on the actual case I used back in the day (which I imagine is even more difficult to find than this one), I hope to eventually reuse this case in a recreation of my first custom build from 2002.

IMG_20180519_114806.jpg
Filename
IMG_20180519_114806.jpg
File size
53.94 KiB
Views
File comment
Front
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
IMG_20180519_114730.jpg
Filename
IMG_20180519_114730.jpg
File size
124.17 KiB
Views
File comment
Side Open
File license
IMG_20180519_114823.jpg
Filename
IMG_20180519_114823.jpg
File size
107.73 KiB
Views
File comment
Rear
File license

Reply 10 of 10, by Super_Relay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember i had one with that exact bezel about 2003ish i think.

most likely i got it from a local shop in Albury/Wodonga as I'm sure Auspcmarket had extra shipping for cases at the time.