VOGONS

First post, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a few questions about my intel OR840.

First off, I need a PSU for it. Now I have a fair number of PSUs around but so far it will only turn on with one I pulled from an IBM intellistaion M pro. I noticed the IBM PSU had this aux connector that the OR840 board uses, however the board will power up without it plugged in. When I try my PCP&C Silencer it does nothing, no lights, no fans. Nothing. Now I did some looking around online and I found that startech sells a PSU made for these boards that need more +5V and have the aux connector. Here is a link to that PSU: https://www.startech.com/ca/Computer-Parts/PS … ply~ATXPOWER300. I have no idea if it is any good though, I'd like to get some opinions on that. Oh, the reason I can't use the IBM PSU for the OR840 is because I'm using it in my Athlon build. It also has short cables, I'm going to be putting the OR840 in a big case.

The second thing I wanted to ask about are these P3/S CPUs I've seen on ebay. They are modified to work in reg socket 370 boards. I was thinking about getting 2 of these but I'm not really sure about compatibility. I have a few MSI slocket adapters (6905 ver 2). I currently have a pair of slot 1 P3s in the board (933/133) but the P3/S are really tempting, I might just pick up a few anyway.

The last thing I wanted to ask about is an updated BIOS for this board. I haven't had any luck on google or intels website. I was hoping maybe someone here would have an updated BIOS or have a link to one.

Edit: Tried my Seasonic M12II 520watt and the board powers up. No idea why it doesn't like the Silencer. The Silencer works with other boards fine.

Reply 1 of 1, by amijim

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello OR840 owner,
is that you Declan?I am running these boards with a robatron / Enermax 600watt psu .I think i could post the mobo without the aux connector.I think this is for the agp pro vga.
I am sure that i have used also power supplyes from a siemens primergy 460 without the aux connector.

Iwill ZmaxDP
Arima4way
Tyan s2885
Iwill MPX2
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+
Compaq SP700
Compaq ml350