File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 281 of 288, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Predator99 wrote on 2024-03-05, 19:45:
Dont know where else to post...seems not to be listed in theretroweb: IPOX IP-4GVI22 […]
Show full quote

Dont know where else to post...seems not to be listed in theretroweb:
IPOX IP-4GVI22

IP-4GVI22-31.zip
IP-4GVI22.jpg
IP-4GVI22BIO.jpg

I gues you'll have to create a socket478 bios thread. Anyway, this is an alter ego of this thing here:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/ipox-tech-ip-4gvi83

Reply 282 of 288, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got a memory board "BM-201" here. Looks like it could fit in the Elitegroup ECS 386A, but I am not sure about it.

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/ecs-386a

IMG_1463r.jpg
Filename
IMG_1463r.jpg
File size
1.13 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_1464r.jpg
Filename
IMG_1464r.jpg
File size
1.15 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 283 of 288, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
There is one thing is driving me crazy.
p3TDE6 vs 370DE6
I think you know a bit of the cards I mentioned.
I have the 370DE6 and it is totally identical to the P3TDE6 as far as I can tell.
Same ports, same chipsets. Even same bios file!
And this prevents me from crossflash the card to her Tualatin siblings…
I see no reasons why a 370DE6 cannot become a P3TDE6.
Have you any idea on how I can do this?
How the bios file recognises one card or another and how to force to flash onto P3TDE6 status??

Reply 284 of 288, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mamba wrote on 2024-04-03, 05:38:
Hello, There is one thing is driving me crazy. p3TDE6 vs 370DE6 I think you know a bit of the cards I mentioned. I have the 370D […]
Show full quote

Hello,
p3TDE6 vs 370DE6
I have the 370DE6 and it is totally identical to the P3TDE6 as far as I can tell.
How the bios file recognises one card or another and how to force to flash onto P3TDE6 status??

If they share the very same BIOS, why you need to (cross)flash it? Maybe these motherboards differ in VRMs as the Tualatins need less voltage than Coppermines.

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 285 of 288, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-04-03, 05:49:
Hello, There is one thing is driving me crazy. p3TDE6 vs 370DE6 I think you know a bit of the cards I mentioned. I have the 370D […]
Show full quote

Hello,
p3TDE6 vs 370DE6

If they share the very same BIOS, why you need to (cross)flash it? Maybe these motherboards differ in VRMs as the Tualatins need less voltage than Coppermines.

If it was that simple…
Supermicro often uses same bios files for similar motherboards.
There must be an ID chip or something on the mother that make sure the bios file loads specific parameters.
I need to crossflash because I want full Tualatin support and I do not see why I cannot.
They are the same board.

Reply 286 of 288, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mamba wrote on 2024-04-03, 06:24:
If it was that simple… Supermicro often uses same bios files for similar motherboards. There must be an ID chip or something on […]
Show full quote

If it was that simple…
There must be an ID chip or something on the mother that make sure the bios file loads specific parameters.
I need to crossflash because I want full Tualatin support and I do not see why I cannot.
They are the same board.

It there is some chip on this boards, witch communicates with BIOS and alters which CPU specific registers to be initialized at POST-ing, then cross-flashing the BIOS will be of no use.

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 287 of 288, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
If it was that simple… Supermicro often uses same bios files for similar motherboards. There must be an ID chip or something on […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Hello,
p3TDE6 vs 370DE6

If it was that simple…
They are the same board.

But they're clearly not!

There's an SM support note somewhere (can't find it atm) which clearly states that support will only be provided for tualatin processors on P3Txxx series boards.

The 370DE6 was old tech (introduced September 2000) by the time the PIII-S chips launched - ServerWorks (Broadcom) didn't confirm HE-SL support for these until November 2001 (may have been existing or a new stepping).

Can tell you I tried similar oa a 370DER (same vintage as the DE6, also with the HE-SL chipset) but no go.

Reply 288 of 288, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2024-04-03, 06:56:
But they're clearly not! […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

If it was that simple…
They are the same board.

But they're clearly not!

There's an SM support note somewhere (can't find it atm) which clearly states that support will only be provided for tualatin processors on P3Txxx series boards.

The 370DE6 was old tech (introduced September 2000) by the time the PIII-S chips launched - ServerWorks (Broadcom) didn't confirm HE-SL support for these until November 2001 (may have been existing or a new stepping).

Can tell you I tried similar oa a 370DER (same vintage as the DE6, also with the HE-SL chipset) but no go.

So basically we are talking about a different revision of the same Serverwork chipset?
I mean if the chip are the same, the layout is the same and everything else.
I assume there is only a different revision?