VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've straightened lots of these, they usually aren't that difficult. They don't take much force, and there tends to be enough room to get something in there without much hassle.

I'd rather straighten half a dozen bent IC legs than have to replace SMD ceramic caps with a soldering iron.

My advice, is to not be afraid to use a push a tiny bit harder if it doesn't seem to work... just don't go full-Hulk on it, or you could bend it back enough to break it.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 21 of 23, by amijim

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello there and nice rare card i must admit.I myslef have fixed 5 voodoo2 cards and one voodoo1 but virge dx as well .The legs of all these gpus touch each other and causing various ploblems .I am using just a needle for this fix yet i think a sharp razor blade will do the trick as well.Very nice setup i say again.

Iwill ZmaxDP
Arima4way
Tyan s2885
Iwill MPX2
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+
Compaq SP700
Compaq ml350

Reply 22 of 23, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, so I separated the legs that were touching and it still does not work. I do seem to be hearing the relay clicking more than it did before I separated the legs, but I could be wrong.

Tomb Raider 3dfx starts up with sound, but there is no video signal. Forsaken seems to be using the S3 Virge 3d chip, even though I selected the 3dfx renderer. I also tried Tiger Shark. I selected the 3dfx Voodoo option, hit play and it immediately crashed back to desktop without throwing an error message.

I will try it in another computer and see if that works. If not, I'm fairly certain it is dead. Oh well.