VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a 486 nearly finished running at 66MHz (486 DX2 66) but my turbo display is at 199 for turbo and if I can remember correctly turbo off is 50, on the back for the display there is many jumpers for the display I need to change it to on = 66 and off = 20 I dont know the exact speed when the turbo is off but I read somewhere that the turbo off was sometimes set to 8MHz but 20 should be ok, my questions is is it ok to just pull all the jumpers out and use just one jumper to find out what position does what until I find the display I need or could I accidentally short something out and cause more damage than good?

Reply 1 of 2, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You shouldn't short anything pulling the jumpers, It's how I have always configured my turbo displays.Just give them the power they need to light up and draw a diagram one jumper at a time until you know how it works.

As for the "Turbo" speed, it seems to vary. Most self builders in that time period would set it to say "LO", my first 3 segment display said SLO 😜

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 2 of 2, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think you should be okay with just trying while it is on.

You can also check this website out for some hints. You type might even be there!

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/led_speed_dis … eed_display.htm

1982 to 2001