VOGONS

First post, by muon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi I've got this mainboard. I've got a 486 sx25 CPU (&E5V1X SX798) too

I have a doubt, I thought that CPU settings should be the same as 486DX33 (except clock speed, obviously) But in this board - I found the manual on the net - has got differents settings: first column (SX) and second column (DX)

Sin_t_tulo.png

Is this usual?

Thanks in advanced

Reply 1 of 3, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't have this particular board (at home) but I tested a (Highscreen OEM) FIC 486GIO-VT a few weeks ago, with a similar Intel 486SX-25 SX798 CPU at that. Maybe it's close enough and it happened with other boards too: I casually dropped in a DX2 to test without changing any jumper settings beside the FSB clock (btw this is a very nice board that can do crazy bus frequencies with its VIA VT8225N clock gen, it even works fine at 16MHz and boots at 8MHz 😉) and it just worked.

What's more Intel and AMD parts are practically identical up to the vanilla 5V SX2/DX2 models so I usually don't care what manuals write about them. I also tend to ignore SX/DX settings too, without problem so far.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 2 of 3, by muon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
alvaro84 wrote:

What's more Intel and AMD parts are practically identical up to the vanilla 5V SX2/DX2 models so I usually don't care what manuals write about them. I also tend to ignore SX/DX settings too, without problem so far.

OK

Thanks