VOGONS

First post, by 0kool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have found a few new old stock cheap AT cases with crappy PSUs, but don't feel too confident about it.

Used Seasonic, Lite-On, Acer, Dell etc on the other hand looks like a much better option. Any other good and relatively widespread brands out there? The local choices are limited, so I would hate to miss on some obscure but rock solid power supply.

Thanks

Reply 2 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd go with Seasonic, got several of their old AT PSUs and all are great. It is also my brand of choice for new PSUs nowdays.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 9, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Channel Well is good I believe, they became Corsair's PSU manufacturer IIRC.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 4 of 9, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Unless the case will only support the old AT location of the power cable and switch on the power supply, I would use an ATX power supply and an ATX to AT adapter. You can even get adapters that add -5v if you need that.

New good quality ATX power supplies are much more efficient and have much cleaner power output than any old AT power supply.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 9, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My Delta AT (Compaq OEM) is streets ahead of other power supplies I've looked at. Shame that the main power cords are only ~15 cms long. Still, it works well on a test bench.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 6 of 9, by amijim

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seasonic has made superior AT power supplyes in the past.I just sold one with a TARGA NOS full tower.You will find good DELTA and Antec though.

Iwill ZmaxDP
Arima4way
Tyan s2885
Iwill MPX2
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+
Compaq SP700
Compaq ml350