VOGONS

First post, by Ir0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Abit new here (haha) but I figured this would be a good place to ask around for some of these modded bios files that were floating around back in the day for the NF7-S motherboards. 99% of the links for these bios files are dead now..

I'm trying to get a collection of them to play with.. I know there was a ton of them and out of all of them I only have one, The D26 MantaRays XT CPC on/off. (2 I guess..)

So if any of you have any of these saved for what ever reason or know where I can find them please please let me know!

Thank you!

Reply 1 of 2, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to the forums! I hope you stick around for abit! 🤣

I have some modded NF7-S 2.0 BIOS files. I downloaded these back in 2012 or so. My board had been running a stock BIOS with a 1700+ JIUHB at 2Ghz for about 9 years at that point. The system was being used by my sister (yeah, until 2012!), so when I got it back I got all nostalgic and had to tinker with it. It has been running one of these modded BIOS files since then... can't honestly remember which one I ended up using... I'm thinking it may have been the Taipan BIOS. I've attached the ones I still had on my main PC. The "mantaray goodies" zip contains several versions of Mantarays and BlackMantaray D26 BIOS. I don't remember what the differences are between them though.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 2 of 2, by Ir0n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Woohoo! Thank you!

I'm in the middle of building my dream PC I wanted back in the day and I got distracted with how much info and mods are out there for the NF7-S.
I managed to get a hold of a Athlon XP-M 2600+ and as you can guess I'm started to get carried away with the tweaking.

So playing with these different bios will be a lot of fun. 😀