VOGONS

First post, by Batyra

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Guys!
I recently done my "blue slot 1 build" (all hardware even Voodoo 2, mobo, and ram and all other are on Blue PCB) - I'll write about it more soon.
Thanks to you I've found great motherboard (Slot 1, i820, rambus + ISA) and I'm starting the "green slot 1 build"... It will fit P3 1GHz fsb133, Canopus spectra X21, Green Obsidian2 200sbi and lot of other cool and exotic stuff.

But one of elements in this build is really important - its great cooling solution. I would preffer it was all black… but there are some "behemoths" that I would welcome in it with open arm.
As I ask you for a help with green i820+isa motherboard and I received it this time I'm also asking for help...

Can you help me getting / finding whatever some kind of extreme cooling for Pentium III slot 1?
Maybe some of you have it somewhere in boxt with other stuff... or someone is thinking of selling it on some popular site or... whatewer 😀 Please help...

BTW look what kind of crazy-extreme monsters were produced back in the day:
Alpha P3 125

Alpha p3125.jpg
Filename
Alpha p3125.jpg
File size
11.21 KiB
Views
File comment
Alpha P3125
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Blizzard s2 Piii B - all copper!!!! Dear Lord!

blizzard s2pⅲb.jpg
Filename
blizzard s2pⅲb.jpg
File size
173.77 KiB
Views
File comment
Blizzard s2 Piii B
File license

No comment…

963873563.jpg
Filename
963873563.jpg
File size
48.65 KiB
Views
File comment
Twister SECC2
File license

Visit my website: http://www.collection.batyra.pl

Reply 1 of 7, by DrSwizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ten years ago or so I bought an aftermarket GPU cooler, made some custom mounting brackets for it and stuck in my slot 1 P2. It was a rather simple cooler with four heatpipes. A single 120mm fan running low speed rough aimed at it still kept the CPU very cool. If I where you I would look into something similar.

Reply 5 of 7, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is a round up from back then, If nothing else it gives a few more options to search for.
http://www.speedy3d.com/articles/cooler_roundup1/index.shtml

The first pic in this post is my all time favourite cooler based on looks
Wind tunnel cooling solution for PII Klamath