VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by kaiser77_1982

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-27, 10:15:

Can you try to connect the fans of card to the mobo? I did it with extenders.

Carrera wrote on 2020-05-18, 11:09:

Not nearly as as exciting probably as many had hoped but maybe if you ask questions I can answer...

Hi again Carrera!!

The 32-bit color wasn't important with V3 but the press was hard with 3dfx.

Do you have a numbers of sold units of the VoodooTV in USA/Europe? I always saw it too slow. In fact, I didn't know it until I wrote the book.

I have a big question: Didn't any workers advise about the mess with the merger with STB? Can you say anything about the "no-merger" of 3dfx and S3?

Reply 21 of 23, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kaiser77_1982 wrote on 2020-05-18, 12:01:
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-27, 10:15:

Can you try to connect the fans of card to the mobo? I did it with extenders.

I guess I could, but my Gigabyte GA-6BXD motherboard only has three fan headers and two of those are used by the CPU fans.

I am really asking if it's possible to read the GPU fan speeds via the GPU as if this is so it would be a far better solution.

Reply 22 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know how I missed this, but my friends had a Pentium 1 which they had upgraded with a Voodoo 1 and that was my first experience with 3dfx! 😁
Another friend later got a Voodoo 3 PCI while I got my first PC which contained a Diamond Viper 550 (TNT1 16MB non-ultra). Sure it could do 32 bit, but it was so slow that I ended up just playing everything at 16 bit anyway.
Later 3dfx went bankrupt, which surprised me and my friends a lot at the time. Only a couple years later I started collecting and by then I already had a fascination for 3dfx and as nobody wanted these old useless relics of the past, I could snatch em up for real cheap at the time!

I don't have as many cards as some of the more serious collectors here and I basically got the standard stuff (no Voodoo 1 with 6MB or Voodoo 4/5 with PCI), but I basically got everything I need so I'm happy with what I have 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!