VOGONS

First post, by igorgaldeano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there, i'm a proud user of a Dual P3-600 system and i have it running perfectly fine under windows 2000, however i'm doing a little bit of experimenting using Windows Fundamentals for Legacy Pc's (a version of XP) and everything works except for the usb host adapter, if anyone has a driver/fix for that i would appreciate it. Thx 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know that I had problems with USB on my P2B-DS until I applied the fix described in the following article.

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_p … pgrade_faq.html

But if USB (particularly USB flash keys) was working fine for you on windows 2000, this is not what is affecting you.

Reply 3 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you install the latest chipset driver which is 3.20.1008
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/541 … NFINST-ENU-EXE-

Is it just USB sticks that don't work or devices as well?

Let us know how Windows Fundamentals for Legacy works as well as a gaming OS? I'm interested in that OS as well but don't have much time at the moment

Reply 4 of 6, by igorgaldeano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll try installing this driver and seeing if it works, and about gaming on FLP, so far i have not encountered a single issue, DX 9 installs fine, even my voodoo 5 drivers installed with no issues. However i've not tested a lot of games yet but as soon as i sit down and play for some hours to test the system's stability i'll make sure to leave a note here about that. Thanks

Reply 5 of 6, by igorgaldeano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The installation of this driver failed 🙁, it reports that the current operating system supports the Intel chipset devices on my system and that no INF update is needed

Reply 6 of 6, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know that when I was testing this board with windows 2000, I had to make a couple of modifications before things worked right

a) I had to change the ACPI support hard jumper by removing a 0-ohm resistor on R80 and bridging the pins of R79. You can reuse the 0-ohm resistor for this, but I just bridged it with solder as this is pretty easy to do vs dealing with a tiny SMD resistor.
b) Fix the power limiter for the USB devices, by removing the 4.7K resistor on R112 and replacing it with a zero ohm resistor (or bridge it with solder). This prevented usb keys from working properly under windows 2000.