VOGONS

First post, by Rob Turbo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I posted this on Overclockers UK a couple of weeks ago and was pointed in this direction, I also have a few other topics I'd like to discuss now that I've found such a forum but I'll be keeping my workload to one or two "projects" at a time, my latest retro kick has landed me with a couple of boxes of stuff to play with, enough to get me from the late 80's to the early 00's!

I'm no stranger to soldering and electronics, although it's all hobby related, my job isn't even remotely related!

I have an M572 motherboard that's missing some capacitors, I'm going to replace all the capacitors but obviously don't know the value of the missing ones, I could guess, going by the silk screen and photos from google, but I'd rather have confirmation!

Looking at the board with the CPU socket at the bottom and keyboard connector at the top, the capacitors in question are located towards the bottom left of the board, the first, EC19, at the top left corner of the CPU socket, next is EC23, to the right of the BIOS chip, then EC29, EC30, EC31 and EC32, all together right at the bottom of the board, bottom left corner of the CPU socket.

My guess is EC19 is 470uF 10v, the other 5 are 1500uF 6.3v

Any help will be much appreciated!

Reply 1 of 3, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A good start would be to find or take a good photo of your board and circle in red/# the missing caps in question. That way someone with an identical board can easily read you off the voltage/uf specs for each cap based off your "map"

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 3 of 3, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe you've already seen this thread/photos:
http://bugworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/04/pcchi … otherboard.html

If judging by the size of the caps, then they are the same as the ones near by.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs