VOGONS

First post, by argniest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I posted my original question over here today. Sorry about that. I didnt see this forum instead.
Re: CR-563 and CR-563-B cd rom drive

I will post it here instead. I was told this is the place to ask.
1. I would like to hookup a CR-563-B two speed cd rom drive to a Soundblaster CT1600 ISA card, that has the 40 pin connection on it.

2. I also wondered is there any difference between CR-563-B and CR-563 (I couldnt really find any specs about this CR-563-B)
I am wondering if there are actually two versions or just the CR-563-B.

3. Can I just hookup a standard 40 pin IDE cable between the Soundblaster CT1600 ISA card, to the CR-563-B cd rom drive?
Normally there is a little protruding notch on the IDE cable so you cant plug it in backwards.
Just wondering if I need a special 40 pin cable, or if I can plug in the IDE cable straight through like when I would be connecting any IDE drive or CDROM drive to a controller card or onto the motherboard. Or do I have to swap the cable backwards on one side of this connection between the CT1600 and the CR-563-B?

4. I believe the CR-563-B will work with the Soundblaster CT1600, but is also the model that would work with the 3DO Blaster legendary device (in case I ever find one someday)??

THANKS