VOGONS

First post, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have an old Wacom Intuos table (4x5). Still have the original box and all original documents, CDs, etc. Even the warranty card.

Unlike other types of hardware, not sure if old drawing gear has any nostalgic value for people. Wondering if it's worth trying to sell, or if it should just be recycled.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 1 of 6, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would try to sell it. IF somebody is using older graphics programs it would be nice to have.

Looks like they sell for a decent amount on eBay.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 6, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Someone is bound to want it. I've got an old Aiptek 6000 graphics tablet I bought because it claimed Windows 3.1 compatibility. Still sitting in its box in its cellophane wrap waiting for me to get around to installing it.

So I imagine someone will want a Wacom that's compatible with older versions of Windows.

Reply 3 of 6, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Um, I use an older Watcom Intuos. Not sure if it's the same (can't remember which model mine is, bought it used about 4-5 years ago), mine is USB and works fine in Win7 with the 3D modeling software I use (ZBrush). I suggest you sell it if you don't need it yourself, there are plenty of people who could use it.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 4 of 6, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Depends, I'd say. Drawing boards in general are valuable. Not essentialy in price, but as a tools for artists, designers, etc. 😀
As for myself, I've got a vintage graphics tablet as well. It has ADI drivers and should work in AutoCAD/Sketch in both DOS and Win 3.11.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 6, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It has *some value*. I'm even a little interested, but not really buying much right now. Seriously wanted one and never had one back in the day.

As to $$ value, it's a crapshoot. It's the kind of thing that might not sell for months and then you find the right person, or might sell to someone right away.

I always hate to see stuff get shredded unless it's *really* dirt common.

How many times has the literal last example of some hardware or even software gone to the shredder?

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 6 of 6, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This reminds me, I have a couple units in storage, which I believe are digitizers because they are huge, beige units that are larger than those units you sit on your lap to hold a laptop, and they have DIP switches and ports similar to that of a serial port or parallel port. I can't even find a picture of them online, but I'm not sure what to call them. I got them from an old graphic designer who surrendered his old workstation to me, and all his software and creations. I promised not to sell it, but to get the system back up and running. One of those systems he dropped several thousand dollars on, back in the day. Best I can tell from Google, they are old HP Digitizers, but I'll have to peek out in the container to know for sure.