VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe your board is develooping bad solder joints. Recently quite a few of my boards are having issues, some having worked perfectly before being put in storage.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 21 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That wouldn't surprise me. The board is a bit warped. There must be thousands of solder joints. I cannot imagine a high discovery rate from visual inspection alone.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 22 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Damn. I was going to leave this seller some feedback and eBay returned this, "It looks like you already left feedback or you waited longer than our policy allows."

I must have been one day past the 90 day limit. When it takes 2 months for an item to arrive, 90 days seems a bit limited.

EDIT: wait, it cannot be 90 days. I bought this item on 18 August. Is there a 60 day feedback limit? Here is the original auction link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/163192163925

Reply 23 of 25, by BastlerMike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The recent days I played a bit with this board and its jumpers.
Because I have no SXL CPUs I can not help you with your frequency stability problem explicitly.
I tested the 40 MHz FSB with Am5x86 @160 MHz and experienced no issues so far.
The configuration of this CPU and is not given by the manual,
however only two more jumpers need to be set for enabling L1 WB feature (green) and 4x multiplier (white).

20190119_011928.jpg
Filename
20190119_011928.jpg
File size
180.77 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by BastlerMike on 2019-01-19, 00:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 24 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My board is a lemon. Maybe if I let it sit in the box for a few years it will become a lemon pie.

Reply 25 of 25, by Pink Lightning

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BastlerMike wrote on 2018-10-15, 19:50:

If I remember correctly, the pinout of the 3-terminal solder place was inverted, what means that the regulator is to be soldered on the backside of the board. After some measuring it was decided to solder the IC in the shown way. All this was done years ago, so I'm no more familiar with the details but I think instead of LT1584 any LT108x should also work. My board has an AMI bios installed

You can see it it says Phoenix mate