First post, by athlon-power
If this question has been asked before, please let me know. I'm curious about the average specs for the whole gamut of PCs from late '98 to early '99. I'm not asking for extremely specific details, though if you wish, a more detailed look into it would be very welcome. I'm mainly looking at five specifications for the PC:
- Processor: Architecture generalization works too, for example, an Am5x86 is pretty much sped up 486 architecture, etc.
- RAM: Just amount estimates are fine, though RAM type and speed estimates are also welcome.
- Hard Disk(s): Likewise with the RAM, amount estimates work fine, though things such as HDD types (SCSI, IDE, etc.)
- Physical media: Things such as floppy drives, CD drives, and also ZIP drive devices.
- Graphics: This covers almost any sort of graphics you can think of, even 2D accelerators. (I actually have a PCI Trident TGUI9440-1 GUI accelerator, from circa 1994, just to give you an idea of how low things can go) This also encompasses things like dedicated 3D cards, 2D cards, and full-on GPUs (like the GeForce 256, or the Riva 128).
Thanks! If anyone wants to know, I'm trying to get a better view of what to do with the Pentium III machine I have, which I've mostly come onto here to try and help fix problems for. I will also post pictures of it eventually, if anyone wants.
Where am I?