Topic actions

Reply 20 of 41, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote:
Zup wrote:

Canon made some strange computers. My ex-boss had a 486 laptop with monochrome screen... and a built-in printer. Googling it shows that the model was a Canon BN22 and it's easy to find photos, but not complete articles.

Sounds like an "Office Assistant", which are all-in-ones that were primarily produced for the Japanese market.

Canon Notejet? I have one, they also made Pentiun versions

Reply 21 of 41, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Errius wrote:
.legaCy wrote:
Errius wrote:

Wasn't Brazil making its own computers in the 70s and 80s? I believe the country had very high tariffs on foreign computers in that era.

Yup, usually cloning stuff, but even the clones were expensive for the the majority of the population.

What clones was it producing? Did it clone the IBM PC?

Yes we had IBM PC clones, 286 clones, i guess from 386 and beyond we started to get more unbranded computers or build it ourselves.

Reply 22 of 41, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm usually not about possessing stuff anymore these days (have/had my fair share of extremely rare stuff), but I'd love to see the Creative "Killer Card", Adlib Gold and UltraSound Defiant prototypes in person at one point.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 25 of 41, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zup wrote:

Canon made some strange computers. My ex-boss had a 486 laptop with monochrome screen... and a built-in printer. Googling it shows that the model was a Canon BN22 and it's easy to find photos, but not complete articles.

See also ThinkPad 555BJ, 550BJ. Naturally it was Canon that was responsible for the printer.

Reply 27 of 41, by Armand Karlsen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do have some things already, but I need machine to run them again!

• 3dfx Voodoo 2 12MiB, 2x cards and the pass-through cable
  • 3dfx Voodoo 3 3500 TV
  • 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 AGP
  • 3dfx VoodooMac 5500 PCI
  • Intel PR440FX motherboard with 2x Pentium Pro 200MHz w. 1MiB L2 cache

I do have a Voodoo 5 6000, but IIRC it's one of the rev.2600 boards, and I remember the last time I tried running it, it would crash anytime I tried 3D mode, whatever API I tried. 😢

Reply 28 of 41, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Errius wrote:
Baoran wrote:

First thing that comes to my mind is original mint Ibm 5150 PC.

Those were produced in huge numbers. Was any other model of computer produced in greater numbers?

Commodore 64.

Reply 29 of 41, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hamby wrote:
Errius wrote:
Baoran wrote:

First thing that comes to my mind is original mint Ibm 5150 PC.

Those were produced in huge numbers. Was any other model of computer produced in greater numbers?

Commodore 64.

Yup... Most sold computermodel in history. According to guiness book of world records.

On the topic. What would I never ever be able to own?
Mint and working Commodore-65 and an Commodore branded Amiga4000-Tower, also in mint condition.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 30 of 41, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KCompRoom2000 wrote:
PARKE wrote:

1113Mhz2.jpg

Wow, I didn't even know they made a 1.13GHz Slot 1 PIII. The dual-fan cooler looks sick. 😳

Yeah they tried to make Coppermine scale too high, was unstable as hell. They did release a 1.13GHz later but that was Tualatin.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 33 of 41, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
McBierle wrote:

Octek Hippo DCA2 Motherboard... Had one...

Me too. Complete with the "special" RAM. Been looking for another one for years, no luck. I wish I could have it back.

Last edited by stamasd on 2018-10-21, 00:10. Edited 1 time in total.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 34 of 41, by McBierle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
stamasd wrote:
McBierle wrote:

Octek Hippo DCA2 Motherboard... Had one...

Me too. Complete with the "special" RAM. Been looking for another one for years, no luck.

I forgot the number nine vlb video card, vision 330 i think? Imported from the US...
Was my last intel (dx4) system i had, since then only amd.

Reply 35 of 41, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Armand Karlsen wrote:
Just thinking about rare things I'd like to have some day but likely never will. What are yours? […]
Show full quote

Just thinking about rare things I'd like to have some day but likely never will. What are yours?

My three right now:

• Asus P/I-P65UP8 motherboard with the P6ND Pentium Pro daughterboard
  • A loaded Quantum3D AAlchemy 8164 system
  • ALR Revolution 6x6 machine

Like this? Bitchin' dual p-pro setup

And this? The great Pentium Pro haul of 2018

^.^

A 8164 is (relatively) easy to get by comparison, you just gotta throw enough money around and someone will sell one.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 36 of 41, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stamasd wrote:
KCompRoom2000 wrote:
PARKE wrote:

1113Mhz2.jpg

Wow, I didn't even know they made a 1.13GHz Slot 1 PIII. The dual-fan cooler looks sick. 😳

Yeah they tried to make Coppermine scale too high, was unstable as hell. They did release a 1.13GHz later but that was Tualatin.

There are two 1.13 Ghz socket 370 releases per june 2000, one is Tualatin, the other is Coppermine aka Coppermine T with micron 0.18 technology but it has a metal lid like Tualatin.
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL5QK.html
The Slot 1 version was never re-released.

Reply 37 of 41, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:

Mint and working Commodore-65 and an Commodore branded Amiga4000-Tower, also in mint condition.

Who knows ... I know a forum member that got his A4000T for free at a junkyard, just like my neighbour gifted me an A3000D which he found on the street recently - both In fully working and decent optical condition. C65 I was actually asked if I wanted to service one (and know at least 3 people who own one personally).

When it comes to Commodore stuff I'd love to see a 364 (probably only 3 produced, 2 known to still exist) or a non-aftermarket DX64 (very few photos known to exist)

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 38 of 41, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shock__ wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Who knows ... I know a forum member that got his A4000T for free at a junkyard, just like my neighbour gifted me an A3000D which he found on the street recently - both In fully working and decent optical condition. C65 I was actually asked if I wanted to service one (and know at least 3 people who own one personally).

When it comes to Commodore stuff I'd love to see a 364 (probably only 3 produced, 2 known to still exist) or a non-aftermarket DX64 (very few photos known to exist)

Woaaa!!! 😳
You got an 3000d that someone found on... The streets??? Damn. Wish it was me.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 39 of 41, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shock__ wrote:

Who knows ... I know a forum member that got his A4000T for free at a junkyard, just like my neighbour gifted me an A3000D which he found on the street recently - both In fully working and decent optical condition.

Nice street 🤣

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder