VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I sourced this from russian seller. Also found PIII 1GHz 256K coppermine CPU to go wtih it. Important item I was looking for is SB/link header.

Well, will this be a good material for voodoo2 SLI (wishlist, how's voodoo3 3000 series AGP?), or good choice of AGP cards (I have: Ti 4200, Quadro4 XGL 900, FX 1100, and FX 3000, Geforce2 GTS, Geforce2 MX400 128 bits) along with TNT2 Pro 16MB card coming to play with. Also pair of 256MB SDRAM PC133 CL2 coming bearing infineon sticker as well.

My job background was consumer electronics repair specializing in TV and monitor that spanned from CRT, plamsa and flat panel (LCD) , now current job doing microsoldering and repairing cellphones. Means I know how to solder means I'll replace the low quality capacitors with good ones on the computer parts. What about polymer capacitors for the socket 7? (I have some stash now of very plenty choices of voltages and uF sizes.)

I used to repair watch and clock, and service computers for few businesses as well over the years. Still do for hobby too.

I also have P4 865 boards one socket 478 and 775 both ASUS. P4P800 (had one before with good results, was mATX, this time, ATX for both) and P5P800 which is AGP board with 775 socket. Both ICH5.

I will not go back to mATX again. Too much issues already.

This to let me to play with high end DOS and Win98SE games.

Win 2000/XP I was thinking about nforce2 socket A board AGP board for reliable high performance board. I was not interested in VIA chipset as it was also what I had when I had athlon and XP cpu (barton) and it was happy crashing some stuff from time to time. I skipped to Asus P5K which I still have now bios-modded to xeon quad core and works rather well with win 10 but not the point. 😀 I plan to use it for early PCIe gaming gig with nice choices of GPU cards to go with it.

Cheers, pentiumspeed.

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 4, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That should be a nice one. What model is that? I've never seen a PC/PCI on a i815 board.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 2 of 4, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Placeholder:

I received the board with goodies to go with it, Will post a picture of this board. It was from russian country when I purchased it.

Cheers, pentiumspeed

Great Northern aka Canada.