VOGONS

First post, by crackintosh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All
Please help me to boot up this MB with overdrive 486 CPU.
1. Need help to identify it... can't setup jumpers w/out manual.
2. Have 3 missing IC marked on PCB as HM6288 (16384-word x 4-bit High Speed CMOS Static RAM)
Did I need them? This is the CASH TAGs ?
3. MB is booting, RAM checking OK, then 2 long beeps and message WAIT......

DSCN1859.jpg DSCN1860.jpg DSCN1861.jpg DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1863.jpg DSCN1868.jpg

Thank you for any help!
Best regards,
Serge

Last edited by crackintosh on 2018-10-19, 16:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well your motherboard is not in TH99, though a close relative of it is (listed under the same or almost the same name) https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/C/C … -CH-48633C.html
That may give you an idea of what the jumpers do.
It's a nice motherboard, has socket for Weitek coprocessor (though finding one of those without paying an arm and a leg these days will be hard).

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 3 of 5, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can you enter BIOS Setup? One of my 386 boards behaved the same way (stuck with WAIT...) because it didn't have the cache chips, but by default cache was enabled in BIOS. So if you can enter BIOS, set external cache to "Disabled". Or you can try booting after removing all the cache chips, see if it changes anything. Can't tell for sure what's with the three empty sockets, but some boards seem to require lots of TAG chips when fully equipped with cache - see link provided by stamasd.

Reply 4 of 5, by crackintosh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.
Thank you for your replay.
I disabled in BIOS both cashe (internal and external). But nothing changed. Still WAIT...
Also - according to the link of mr. stamasd , there is no jumper option to fully disable external cashe. Minimum required is 64K.
So... I have to buy this chips and insert them into sockets.
Thank you.