VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I'm trying to get a Sidewinder 3D pro working in 98SE and getting Error not connected. It's detected just fine as an analog joystick but not as a sidewinder 3d pro. I tried this patch http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=8 … menustate=25,24

Same error any assistance would be awesome

System specs are

Pentium III 1.266
ASUS TUV4X (OEM Version missing built in Audio and Gameport)
512mb PC133
Geforce 3 Ti 200
40GB HDD
Windows 98SE
Soundblaster Live (Card I'm using for gameport)

Reply 1 of 6, by LHN91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Sidewinder 3D Pro's drivers are all speed sensitive. I believe there's a pack of alternate drivers on VogonsDrivers, but the other option I've had luck with for mine is to get the FSB down to 66 MHz. Anything higher and I've had no luck.

Reply 2 of 6, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yep I got mine to work on a 1Ghz P3 with that alternative driver pack - there are several in there from memory, and you just keep trying them until you find the one that works.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 6 of 6, by LHN91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Then I still think your best bet is to set a lower Front Side Bus speed. If you have JumperFree enabled on that board it should be simple enough to change in in BIOS. if not, there should be jumpers on the board to set.

I know that you'll end up with less CPU speed, but you'll be able to use the Sidewinder. Whether that's worth the change is up to you.