VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

recently i dugout my Pentium II System out to try out Net:Zone, and middle of the game play i was noticing my mouse would halt and lockup for a few moments i'd see the busy hourglass then it'd free itself aftre about 10 mins of this it finally locked up, i restarted started just listening to MIDIs while playing something on the Main modern PC i have next to it, it's yet to freeze but its having mouse issues again.

the Mouse is USB connected to a StarTech 4+3 PCI USB card (7 port total) because the onboard USB controller reports hub transfeer errors to windows 98 😒

the system never exhibited the issue before, and i last time used it, reinstalled windows 98 SE clean, installed KernelEX, drivers for the asus geforce FX 5700 AGP videocard, i no longer have the Soundgalaxy Basic 16 Soundcard in the system but removed the drivers and devices before installing an ESS Audiodrive 1898F (which Windows strangly detected as an 1869)

and just before i can hit post all of a sudden no device is longer detected on the usb card 😒

edit: this is the USB PCI card
https://www.amazon.com/Port-PCI-USB-Card-Adap … r/dp/B002VY53ZK
71-E1wbaUVL._SL1500_.jpg