VOGONS

First post, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've recently picked up this monitor from a friend of mine.

Front.jpg
Filename
Front.jpg
File size
814.25 KiB
Views
File comment
TRL - front
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Side.jpg
Filename
Side.jpg
File size
511.57 KiB
Views
File comment
TRL - side
File license
Rear.jpg
Filename
Rear.jpg
File size
648.08 KiB
Views
File comment
TRL - Rear
File license

At the rear it states that is was manufactured by Royal Information Electronics but, I'm not sure what the model number is or, what the exact specifications of the monitor is.
I know that is a colour monitor but, I'm not sure whether it also supports EGA.

I found a reference to a monitor that looks very close to this one with an indicated model number of CT-1469 (or just CT1469).
However, since there is no model number printed on the monitor, I'm not sure whether it's the same.
Another website indicates that the monitor is also EGA capable.
The horizontal positioning of the image is a bit off but, I'll look into this later. Is it possible that it's because the horizontal refresh rate of the CGA card is at 15 KHz & that it's trying to refresh at 21 KHz (EGA)?

Reply 1 of 2, by looking4awayout

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That monitor was manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Intra Technologies. The original model name should be CM-1404 (if it has a .31mm dot pitch with 8514/A mode), CM-1414 (if it has a .28mm dot pitch with 8514/A mode) or CM-1424 (if it has 0.28mm dot pitch and supports non interlaced 1024x768).

That monitor was also rebadged as BTC and AST. A monochrome version of the same monitor was made under the DM-1404 moniker. Many OEMs and companies rebadged Intra-made monitors with their own badges and model names. A pretty good monitor, a keeper, in my opinion.

My Retro Daily Driver: Pentium !!!-S 1.7GHz | 3GB PC166 ECC SDRAM | Geforce 6800 Ultra 256MB | 128GB Lite-On SSD + 500GB WD Blue SSD | ESS Allegro PCI | Windows XP Professional SP3

Reply 2 of 2, by RetroShare

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have the model CT-1469.

Attachments