VOGONS

Merry x-mas 2018 everyone....

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 48, by andrewreader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Happy Christmas.

This year, I've curbed down the retro buying, but still ended up with some nice bits.

Most recent has been some more Altec Lansing Speakers, this time the ACS400 plus ACS250 subwoofer from the Windows 95 era.

My loft is now full. So until I can afford a bigger house, that's it for now. 🤣

I'm looking forward to the South-West Amiga Group meet in Bristol in January and attending any retro events in the UK.

Reply 22 of 48, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brostenen wrote:

What did people get?
I got two shirts, money for retro hardware, a bottle of 15 year Glenfiddich single malt, a pair of shoes and a couple of big spoons for food serving.

I got an.. uhn.. thing. By my sister. It makes a sound and lights up. ^^

PS: Merry Christmas everyone, too.

Attachments

• pilz.jpg
    Filename
    pilz.jpg
    File size
    32.09 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 23 of 48, by s3freak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Happy Christmas to all on VOGONS!

My 486 is my real DOSBox, as well as my customised DOSBox!
I am not very active on VOGONS, please send a private message if you need a quicker response!

Reply 24 of 48, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jo22 wrote:
brostenen wrote:

What did people get?
I got two shirts, money for retro hardware, a bottle of 15 year Glenfiddich single malt, a pair of shoes and a couple of big spoons for food serving.

🤣 I'm not sure what I'm looking @.

Reply 27 of 48, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jo22 wrote:
brostenen wrote:

What did people get?

It's definitely a thing.

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Holidays!

Reply 29 of 48, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FuzzyLogic wrote:

I figured it out. It's Toad from Super Mario Bros / Super Mario Kart.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I've noticed that, too. Although it's just his head.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on VOGONS.

Reply 30 of 48, by Lo-ResBros

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all got some retro pc parts and games today 😀

AMD K6-2+/550MHz
Soltek SL-54U5 Super Socket 7
64MB SDRAM
3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 16MB
Sound Blaster AWE64
Roland SC-55mkII

Pentium MMX 233MHz
Tyan TitanVX S1470 Socket 7
128MB SDRAM
ATi Rage 128 pro 32MB
Audio Plus 320 v.1
Roland SC-88

Reply 31 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Personally. I do not have time for any retro gaming or tinkering with hardware. I am fully occupied with cleaning, washing clothes, doing the shopping and making the food ready for our X-Mass lunch, on the 28'th of December. And then I will be occupied with getting ready for new years eve. Tomorrow, I will be picking up my children, as they will be spending new years eve with us. Soooo.... No room for any computer related tinkering until Januaery the 3'rd.

By the way... This is one of the things that I will be serving for that lunch at 1pm (13:00 hours) on the 28'th. It is called "Frikadeller", and if anyone wants the recepie, then I will be giving it out here in this tread. Think of them, as roasted pork-meatballs, that are oval in shape.

Frikadeller.jpg
Filename
Frikadeller.jpg
File size
736.99 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 32 of 48, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a whole bunch of those during the past few days, so very delicious :F

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 33 of 48, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

By the way... This is one of the things that I will be serving for that lunch at 1pm (13:00 hours) on the 28'th. It is called "Frikadeller", and if anyone wants the recepie, then I will be giving it out here in this tread. Think of them, as roasted pork-meatballs, that are oval in shape.

Sounds and looks a lot, and I mean a lot like some local stuff over here.
Are they wrapped in some kind of fat? Does the meat contain more parts like for example liver?
If so... enjoy them, you know what you're doing 🤣

Reply 34 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
konc wrote:
Sounds and looks a lot, and I mean a lot like some local stuff over here. Are they wrapped in some kind of fat? Does the meat c […]
Show full quote
brostenen wrote:

Sounds and looks a lot, and I mean a lot like some local stuff over here.
Are they wrapped in some kind of fat? Does the meat contain more parts like for example liver?
If so... enjoy them, you know what you're doing 🤣

They are made from minced (chopped) pork meat, mixed with chopped onions, egg's, milk, oat grains, wheat flour, salt and black pepper. The balls are shaped like an egg, and pressed a tiny bit flat once they are put onto the pan. Roasted in a bit of real butter.

No liver in these and not wrapped in fatt.

Reply 35 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tojavu wrote:

Its Christmas, not x-mas and not happy holidays.

Depends on were you are on the globe, and who you are. 😉

Reply 36 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tojavu wrote:
brostenen wrote:
tojavu wrote:

Its Christmas, not x-mas and not happy holidays.

Depends on were you are on the globe, and who you are. 😉

No it does not. the whole xmas thing is a deliberate move to remove Christ from Christmas, that's like having a birthday party without the person who's birthday it is there.

Ahhh.... So you are one of them "My perception of Christianity are the only true, and I want to force my views on Christmas down everyone throat, because my views on this whole matter is the only true one in the whole world"-kind of guy?

Lighten up dude.... Your way of doing things are not the correct ones. Nobody's way of doing christmass is the correct one. Except for the one that means something for you personally, is the correct one for you personally, and not everyone else. It is all individual, and as long as it stays this way, it is all good. As I said. It depends on were on the globe you are located, who you are as a person, and how you are thinking about this. To me, it is only about getting good food and making other people happy with presents. I am way past that religion thing, yet you as a person are permitted to do your boo on your personal terms. Just don't force your perception and reality on me. I am not telling you that you are forbidden to practise whatever you are happy with.

And yes... The same shit every year. Someone is offended about me, creating a Merry X-mas tread. Anyone remember this below?

Merry f*cking X-Mas

(HINT: Someone got angry with that title)

Reply 37 of 48, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tojavu wrote:

No it does not. the whole xmas thing is a deliberate move to remove Christ from Christmas

Ah like Christmas wasn't an attempt to gate crash Yule 🤣

tojavu wrote:

that's like having a birthday party without the person who's birthday it is there.

Or trying to steal the limelight of party that you weren't even invited too in the first place 🤣

Seriously?

[EDIT:] Happy Yule brostenen!

Reply 38 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vehebolum wrote:

If you not Christian why celebrate the birth of Christ? The logic of atheists makes no since to me. 😵

I celebrate "Jul", and there have been "Jul" before Cristian times. You might want to read up on why empror Constantin choose the 25'th instead of the 23'rd of December.

Reply 39 of 48, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vehebolum wrote:

If you not Christian why celebrate the birth of Christ?

Because its rammed down our throats and provides an excellent spoke in that thing we call capitalism 🤣

vehebolum wrote:

The logic of atheists makes no since to me. 😵

I can't imagine it would, faith and logic are oppostie ends of the spectrum...

one is...

is a subject concerned with the most general laws of truth,[2] and is now generally held to consist of the systematic study of the form of valid inference.

the other is...

confidence or trust in a particular system of religious belief,[1] within which faith may equate to confidence based on some perceived degree of warrant

Anyways, I got bored of this debate about 30 years ago... people can believe what they want, I have no problem with that... but ramming it down my throat... no, and there was a 'thing' before 'christmas' came along 😵 so nothing is being 'stolen' from 'christmas'.

I smell a puppet.