VOGONS

First post, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hey guys just looking for a quick bit of guidance
i have this lowly PIO2 Mode 512MB CF card from Sandisk
it used to boot fine! i dunno what i did with it, maybe because i installed win95 version of dos on it>?
but it WILL NOT BOOT no matter what i do now! ive even reformatted it.. and it still continues to not boot
even after doing sys A: C: from my boot disk that works.. i dont get it!!
any advice welcomed

i mean its no big loss i can certainly go out and get a UDMA capable CF card and bin this one, but i dont like wasting things

where it should say "Starting MS-DOS..." it just hangs

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 1 of 2, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could it be MBR problem? I know it is not often recommended, but have you tried fdisk /mbr command with fdisk version that comes with the OS that you want to boot on that card?

Reply 2 of 2, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

have you tried running a chkdsk /f on it with the computer you are trying to boot from it?

What adapter are you using?

Have you verified that the computer you are using it on is actually detecting the drive parameters properly?

I have some CF cards that will not detect properly on older computers.. and even though they are the same brand and model they all have different parameters. I have to use a newer computer to detect the parameters and then enter those settings manually in the BIOS of the older computer for them to work properly.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK