VOGONS

First post, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Guys I bought this Low Profile PCI-e card from ebay for €9.99 a couple months ago and it was listed as 'Sapphire-ATI-Radeon-9600-pro-88-2c92-0c-sb-256mb-ddr2-VGA-TV-DVI-PCI-e-g5237'

I couldn't get it to fit in my Slimline HP Compaq as the CPU Fan was in the way so didn't get to use it at the time, But I picked up a 16x PCI-e extender cable when I was in the UK over Xmas. Now I have come to fit the card I have noticed on the sticker it says X1600 Pro and not 9600 Pro. Have I been ripped off or sold the wrong card or is it the same thing under a different name?

See pics.

Attachments

• sapphire2.jpg
    Filename
    sapphire2.jpg
    File size
    1014.88 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • sapphire.jpg
    Filename
    sapphire.jpg
    File size
    778.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is not the card you bought. Ripped off depends on what you wanted. If you wanted a 9600 pro exactly, then there was a mistake. If you are only concerned with performance and you don't have any driver/os related requirements then the card you got is almost twice as fast as a 9600 pro.

It all depends on your needs / expectations, but it is not a 9600 pro.

It looks like when it comes to the PCI express version that the X1600 is slightly more expensive than the 9600 pro...

EDIT: I'm not sure there is a 'Pro' model for 9600 PCI Express

Last edited by Shagittarius on 2019-01-01, 22:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ahh OK I just wanted a low profile PCI-e card for my HP slimline desktop that runs XP and DirectX9

This is the original ebay listing https://www.ebay.es/itm/SAPPHIRE-ATI-RADEON-9 … 353.m1438.l2649 Now I come to look closer it shows X1600 on the photos I just remenbered I got it for 8 euros as it was on a buy-it-now with a Best Offer option

However it may be a moot point as I can't actually get my HP dc7600 to actually recognise there is a card in the PCI-e slot at the moment 🙁