VOGONS

First post, by mh84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a strange issue with this board. When I got it, it had frequency set with dip switches. Now I tried to enable jumper free mode by setting appropriate jumper and moving all dip switches to off according to the manual. When I power on the board with this setting it enters setup automatically asking me to set frequency. That is fine. But whatever I choose there, when I save the settings and exit setup system powers itself off with no reaction to power on button. It totally freezes. Only solution is to cut the power and power on the board again. Then I'm greeted with the same frequency setup with the message that system hangs while setting frequency.

So it is impossible to configure board using jumper free mode. It works perfectly fine with frequency set by dip switches.

I have tried Coppermine and Tualatin with the same results. I'm entering FSB/CPU multiplier correctly, I'm sure. Tried 1012, 1013 and 1014 BIOS versions. Board is partially recapped.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? I would really like to fix this so I can play with overclocking a little.