VOGONS

First post, by SieBoi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I saw this bad boy on internet and its awfully similar to my first pc, can you help me identify it?
RP6mdAy.jpg
okQBu1o.jpg
qcnjvRa.jpg
z7xqAjd.jpg

Reply 3 of 13, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SieBoi wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

looks like a generic/custom build with a Gigabyte P4 Titan 533 of some sort.

Any idea on brand of the generic case?

Generic means it has no brand, it was likely just pumped out of a factory in China/Taiwan, and not sold under an established brand like Thermaltake, Cooler Master, etc. The basic metal chassis might be the same as some other cases, with just a different plastic front plate/fascia added to the front, meaning it would be near impossible to track down a brand or model number. Your best bet is to just keep looking at eBay and classifieds listings to hopefully find what you're looking for.

Reply 7 of 13, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SieBoi wrote:
OMG thank you! I couldn't find my thing but i found this: https://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImage/11-154-026-07.JPG […]
Show full quote

OMG thank you! I couldn't find my thing but i found this:
11-154-026-07.JPG
Close but no cigar.

Do you know any old catalog archive that i may find my model?

Try and remove the front panel and post whatever markings you find on it here. I might be able to find it for you.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 10 of 13, by Nprod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You know, this might make a good "lost and found" thread - there are many people here who had very generic beige cases in their first PCs and are looking to find them again. I have a PIII-era junk case that is somewhat similar to these, but the reset button is part of the "circle" and it's one of those where ATX power supply is positioned poorly, at 90 degrees right over the CPU heatsink.

UPDATE: Took a quick photo of the case and it's not as similar as i remember:

case.jpg
Filename
case.jpg
File size
417.59 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Nprod on 2019-02-10, 15:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 13, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's where your last picture came from: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?I … N82E16811154026 which has some other pictures of the same case, but it's not the same metal case, just the same front panel - notice that it's really cheap steel?
Your case is nicer quality, but with poorer ventilation (60mm fan), which suggests its more from the 2000-2003 time period. The lack of front audio and USB also suggests it's pretty old.

I wonder if the Foxconn case was made by Foxconn, but they'd purchased the tooling / mould to make that front panel, from another company?

Reply 12 of 13, by SieBoi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nprod wrote:

You know, this might make a good "lost and found" thread - there are many people here who had very generic beige cases in their first PCs and are looking to find them again.

Im fine if any admin wants to change this topics name and make it into a more publicly used topic.

Thermalwrong wrote:

Here's where your last picture came from: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?I … N82E16811154026 which has some other pictures of the same case, but it's not the same metal case, just the same front panel - notice that it's really cheap steel?
Your case is nicer quality, but with poorer ventilation (60mm fan), which suggests its more from the 2000-2003 time period. The lack of front audio and USB also suggests it's pretty old.

I wonder if the Foxconn case was made by Foxconn, but they'd purchased the tooling / mould to make that front panel, from another company?

My actual computer was actually wasn't the computer i showed in the first pictures of the topic, even thats a newer version of mine. My case was probably made in 1996-1998 thats why i was hoping these computers where kind of a series of foxconn however i don't know any place that i can look up for foxconn computers.

Reply 13 of 13, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought that beige/clear grey PC case brand new around 2001-2003 or so...
- It was the cheapest one at the time. I think it was around 20-30 euros.
- There were other colors available.
- I spray painted it black 2005-2006 and added a PVC-window to it.
It turned horrible and then threw it to garbage pin.