VOGONS

First post, by JustDavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am looking for drivers for an ECS EZ-Buddie (ECS EZ-D1S4-2).

Ideally for Windows 98SE and Windows 2000.
The manufacturer no one longer hosts them and i had no luck on other sites.
I thought maybe someone here had an idea on what to do.

Reply 1 of 9, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Normally, these old computers have standard chipsets, sound chips and so forth. If you can figure out what these components are, then you can go to the manufactors website and download. As an example, then there are medion brands, and years ago they would have a motherboard with intel someting-chipset. Like 910, 920 or something like that. And because Medion have discontinued driver support for those chipsets, then you have to know what chipset it is, and then go to Intel's website. This is the same with sound, gfx and everything else.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 3 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I still have a working example of this (P4 2.8, 2GB DDR, X1950Pro, SSD, replacement internal SFF PSU, Windows 7 Pro)

Generic drivers will probably be fine but if there's anything specific, I still have the ECS support CD it shipped with, or you can likely track down the drivers thru ECS on the archive.org site.

Reply 4 of 9, by JustDavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote:

I still have a working example of this (P4 2.8, 2GB DDR, X1950Pro, SSD, replacement internal SFF PSU, Windows 7 Pro)

Generic drivers will probably be fine but if there's anything specific, I still have the ECS support CD it shipped with, or you can likely track down the drivers thru ECS on the archive.org site.

Oh my gosh. You are an absolute godsend.
I have been crawling the wayback machine and every local iteration of the ECS website i could get my hands on.
There is just no chance of getting the drivers there.
Could you possibly rip and upload the disc?

Reply 5 of 9, by JustDavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

PC Hoarder Patrol seems to be busy. Which is fine!
But could maybe someone else help me to find the relevant drivers?
Cant find a working audio-driver for the life of me.
Found another board with a SiS651 chipset and installed those audio-drivers.
Windows accepts them but audio still doesnt work.
Getting the front-card reader and other extra functions working will probably be impossible without the original drivers, but maybe i could at least get sound.

Havent found an option to "Check Windows Update for drivers" in my 98SE Unofficial Service Pack 3 Installation with 98SE2ME.
But maybe i could get THAT to work somehow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially since i cant seem to write any PMs, yet.

Reply 6 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

JustDavid

marvin-dp.jpg
Filename
marvin-dp.jpg
File size
16.75 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I'd hoped to isolate just the support files for your EZ-Buddie model but as that doesn't seem that easy I'll just rip the entire disk to an ISO (approx. 400MB) and post a link - this version was released May 2003 specifically to include the S4-1 & S4-2 models. I'll try and get it to you sometime tomorrow (27/1)

Reply 7 of 9, by JustDavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote:

JustDavid

marvin-dp.jpg

I'd hoped to isolate just the support files for your EZ-Buddie model but as that doesn't seem that easy I'll just rip the entire disk to an ISO (approx. 400MB) and post a link - this version was released May 2003 specifically to include the S4-1 & S4-2 models. I'll try and get it to you sometime tomorrow (27/1)

Thats so awesome!
You just totally made my day!
Thanks for your help! 😊

Reply 9 of 9, by JustDavid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote:

The ISO file is now available (for 7 days) to download at

https://ufile.io/g23ru

Let me know if you have any problems with the link or installing the drivers

Thank you so much for your help!
Gonna try it out after my late shift tonight.
5am here now. Need to sleep, but really excited! 😊