VOGONS

First post, by DellLatitudeCPx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I recently picked up various ThinkPads (600X, X24, T23, A31, X41 Tablet, T60, Z60m) and thought it would be cool to factory restore them. (I know factory images are full of bloatware and junk but I don't care) Except I came up short on media. Does anyone know where I could find old ThinkPad restore media?

Reply 2 of 4, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

From what I recall Thinkpads have a recovery partition to restore to factory original state (assuming it hasn't been overwritten or the drive swapped out at some point). I believe pressing either F11 or the Access IBM button allows access to the recovery operation if pressed at start-up.

Reply 3 of 4, by DellLatitudeCPx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gca wrote:

From what I recall Thinkpads have a recovery partition to restore to factory original state (assuming it hasn't been overwritten or the drive swapped out at some point). I believe pressing either F11 or the Access IBM button allows access to the recovery operation if pressed at start-up.

Unfortunately, these drives recovery partition have been wiped years ago.

Reply 4 of 4, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Register on forum.thinkpads.com and ask in the Marketplace section there; I think there may even be some active listings for recovery media / ISOs.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys