VOGONS

First post, by Edwin1996

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys Ive had an sb0090 in my windows 98 machine for ages and its been great. Today I managed to score an sb0010d front panel drive to go with it, however, it was missing the cable to connect it to the audigy card. Ive read that you can use a 40 pin IDE cable as a replacement but im not sure where pin 1 is on the sb0010d and the sb0090. I dont want to damage anything. Advice would be appreciated!

Reply 1 of 7, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Pin 1 on the connector typically is marked by either a tiny little 1, or a small white triangle on the outline of the pin header. I looked up a picture of the card and it looks like there is a small "pin 1" marking at the top right pin of the connector. Double check before you plug anything in, though. The cable will have a red stripe on one side, that is pin 1. An IDE cable should work if it fits. They are nothing really special, just a length of ribbon cable with a couple of IDC connectors clamped on there.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 3 of 7, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A 3 port cable works just fine. Both the middle and the end plugs have the same pinout, and it makes no difference if one of them is unplugged.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green