VOGONS

Reply 121 of 125, by Montserrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NOTE: EDITED LAST MENSAGGE BECAUSE ITS WORKING NOW.

Well there was some corrosion in the controller contacts i didnt noticed, so after some cleaning both FDD and HDD seems to work!! Thats pretty impresive specially for the HDD.

My ms-dos 3.30 disk didnt boot at all, but i had another floppy with version 2.2 from the philips NMS9100 it just booted fine!

Xfw98KG.jpg

But there is more...booting from HDD:

ersEcCx.jpg

So last owner was using this as a Netware client...in fact it came with a old coaxial network card. I'm a little dissaponited i was expecting an instalation of oasis16/theos16 operating system, because there was a license card in one of the isa slots...but hey now its working. Only lasts some proper cleaning, installing some version of DOS and do some tests. Also ill do a more detailed sumary of all repairs when i finally end all of this.

I want to thank all users in this forums that has contributed to do this rescue, specially Predator99 and Deunan, all credit is for you guys, i did nothing.

ps: next stop Phillips NMS9100 😁

Reply 123 of 125, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi Deunan,

dont want to hijack this thread - but I have the same board with troubles:

Suntac 80286 Mainboards

This one is rather weird: It starts up, but the video card is not detected and nothing is displayed. The POST card doesnt indicate any failure on the ISA bus. Do you have an idea where to look here..? It seems you are really an expert and I dont know where to continue...

Thanks..! 😀

Reply 124 of 125, by Montserrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

We can make a new thread and try to recover that board Predator99. Well i'm not an expert ill try to help.
First things, i cant think off:

- Video card MUST be inserted in ISA slots 1 OR 7, says the manual.
- Dip switch configuration must be setup depending on if you using a monochrome card or a color card
- Is video card ok? mine just exploded in my face in the early stages of this repair, and got to change a capacitor.
- Whats the video card? some of the had jumper and switches configuration
- Most of the problems in my board were caused from a couple of corrored / broken isa conections, (preventing comunication from isa cards to chipset, thats why i got diferent error codes on diferent slots from post card) check all of them from slot 8 to 1 both A and B sides.