VOGONS

First post, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i just got a lot of hardware with a nice MSI fx 5900xt agp video card
but is missing one capacitor near the agp bracket. there should be two 180uf 16v caps, but the card only has one 180uf 16v cap.

in my country is impossible to find 180uf caps. can something else be done?

150uf is too low and 220uf is too high???

Reply 1 of 5, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

short answer; 220 is just fine.

also, start looking for parts on www.mouser.com They have practically everything under the sun, and ship globally.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 3 of 5, by ph4nt0m

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

These are Sanyo SEP solid polymer caps. You can replace them with anything low ESR of the same or higher capacitance and 16V, SMD or through hole mounted, though it's better to get solid polymers. Sanyo and Nippon Chemi-Con 330uF/16V were popular in the past.

My Active Sales on CPU-World

Reply 4 of 5, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

its fine. Without going too deep into the weeds, these are basic filter caps in a DC/DC power converter, as such they don't really matter THAT much.

Also, exact cap is here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ni ... rdJtvU4%3d

At least based on the picture.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 5 of 5, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't like to stray too far, as sometimes the circuit is tuned somewhat for a specific capacity. Although in power-decoupling circuits, anything larger (within reason) is usually fine, if not better. That said, keep in mind, capacitors usually come with a +/-20% rating. So, 180uF is expected to be anything from 164 to 216uF under nominal conditions.