VOGONS

First post, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can someone help me with this, can't seem to find info on it.
I am facing some issues and I want to know the jumpersettings.
Thx.

3BIIfSAl.jpg

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 1 of 3, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/E/E … 6-ECA-3M20.html

Not really much to configure. What issues are you having?

Looking at that motherboard, I'd recommend getting some vinegar into onto that corner and scrub off the rest of that battery corrosion.

Reply 2 of 3, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks a lot! I went through a lot of pictures and browsed that site left and right but it seems not enough in both directions :p

Seems there are indeed not a lot of things to configure and my hunch about the function of the 2 jumpers was right.
I already cleaned the board with alcohol but I'll give it a try with vinegar.
I noticed the BIOS chip has 3-4 legs with corrosion/acid on so I'll try to pringle it out. Yesterday I failed at it :p

The two issues I have are:

* FPU is not recognised. I get numeric processor: not installed in the AMI System Config screen
* I tried 2 ISA controller cards and 2x HDD controller failure with 2 different drives. The FDD works though. Maybe it's a jumper thing even though I have checked it 3x now on 1 card (IDEPLUSV5L). The other obscure one I need to find some info on concerning jumper settings (VBT-D-8VO)
Swapped it in another slot but will try the 2 other slots too.
Tonight I am going to test it with a confirmed working CF-IDE adapter and IDE cable.

This might not be related to the first problem or maybe damage from the battery leak though?
I'll need to test both cards and the drives in another PC to rule these out as culprits. They were untested until now.

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 3 of 3, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can be the Kouwell KW-332A as well:
http://www.win3x.org/uh19/motherboard/show/3381

Depends on the jumper names. The picture is just a bit too low-res to read them. Also, what is the complete "386S?" marking on the left?

Can you make a bios dump? That way we might be able to ID it fully and try to retrieve info.