VOGONS

Reply 60 of 64, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Those are pretty incredible speeds when put into the context of what we are achieving here on the 486SXL - around 2 MB/s.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 62 of 64, by rjbrown99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can the folks doing benchmarks also please share their scsi2sd and card BIOS configs? IE - how do you have the SCSI speed limits set, are you enabling SCSI2 mode, for the BIOS on the card are you limiting it to 5MB/s or allowing 10MB/s?

Asking as my 1540CP required the BIOS to be set at 5MB/sec to properly detect my card/drive (with a SCSI2SD v6 model).

Thanks in advance.

Reply 63 of 64, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Everything was set at the optimal settings. I wasn't using any limits. It is at 10 MB/s.

Could you be running the 1540CP with DMA at the full bus clock instead of BUSCLK/2? This should be a motherboard BIOS setting.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 64 of 64, by rjbrown99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My motherboard has a very limited set of options, it's an ISA-only board with a 1991 BIOS. Right now the 1540CP is set to 5MB/s and the SCSI2SD is set to "No limit (safe)" but with "Enable SCSI2 Mode" checked.

I'll benchmark it as-is with the working config and see if I can adjust one or both to get to 10MB/s.

My working (but slow) config is attached in case anyone else stumbles across the thread. I also found that it was best to disable termination in SCSI2SD and let the Adaptec card handle it. This is for a Sandisk 16GB SD card split into two similarly sized ~7.5 gig drives.

Attachments

• Filename
    486_scsi2sd.xml.txt
    File size
    18.47 KiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File comment
    SCSI2SD config
    File license
    Public domain