VOGONS

First post, by TreeFrog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!

This is my first post here, I'm absolutely newbie. I'm in the middle of a slowly ongoing 486 project, to be more accurate, two projects, but I don't want to go deep into the details now.

I've recently purchased a Tomato 4DPS motherboard, manufactured by Zida. It's now equipped with an AMD 486DX4-133MHz CPU, runs pretty well, but I've got a couple of other 486 processors I want to try. Especially the Cyrix 486DX2 66MHz one, as this is my favorite. In order to do this I definitely need to adjust the jumpers (power etc). The problem is that I can't find correct manual for my motherboard. The net is full of manuals for Ver 2.1 and 3.1, but mine is a pretty rare (?) one as it's Ver 2.11. Although the majority of jumpers appear to match with manual 2.1, the base clock adjustment jumpers seem to differ from 2.1 and 3.1 too. At least neither of the available manuals depict the jumpers I've on my motherboard. At first I was looking at JP18/19, these are the base clock jumpers and I'm aware that both 486DX4-133 and 486DX2-66 use the same 33MHz clock (therefore I wouldn't have to change it), it annoys me a lot that I don't have the correct manual for my clock jumpers. And as I mentioned above, later I'm going to play with other processors (DX40, DX50, DX2-80).

I can show images of my mainboard if needed.

Does anybody have a correct manual for Ver 2.11? Or a download link?

Thanks, regards

Reply 1 of 1, by TreeFrog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've figured it out.

The JP18/19 on Ver2.11 is almost the same as on V2.10. The only difference is that JP19 is factory soldered (locked) to 2-3, so that 50MHz FSB can't selected, just 25, 33, 40MHz.