VOGONS

Reply 21 of 26, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Woah! MR-BIOS? 😮
I should soon get some eeproms that i've ordered some time ago. Definitely will try out that bios, too! (Y)

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 22 of 26, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Madowax wrote on 2020-09-30, 15:03:

Old thread resurrection but PC Chips m321 should be based on 82c391/82c392/82c206 Opti-386WB Chipset, here is the datasheet for future reference. The Bus divider options are clk2in/8 or clk2in/6, so with an am386dx40 (80 Mhz crystal) and the 8 divider the actual isa bus is 10Mhz. Input PIN 14 (BCLKS) of 82c391 selects the multiplier, if low clk2in/8 is selected, if high clk2in/6 is used.
IC marked CHIP 5 is the 82c392 while IC marked CHIP 6 is the 82c391.

Sadly, as far as i am able to understand this, this doc doesn't seem to match with my motherboard's register values.
I used AMISETUP and checked bits in registers 20h, 21h, 22h, 25h and couldn't match anything with the docs. Had completely non-sensical bits in those registers according to this datasheet.
I also checked registers from AMISETUP's "Extended/Chipset Setup", which shows register, bits in it and what those bits do, and it also doesn't seem to match the datasheet. (I made a picture from AMISETUP, that shows some common registers, bitmasks and current settings with description for comparission)

For MR.BIOS, i still need to get the proper EEPROMS before i can try it out. I'll definitely let you know, when that happens. 😀

Attachments

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 23 of 26, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote on 2020-10-03, 09:49:
Sadly, as far as i am able to understand this, this doc doesn't seem to match with my motherboard's register values. I used AMIS […]
Show full quote
Madowax wrote on 2020-09-30, 15:03:

Old thread resurrection but PC Chips m321 should be based on 82c391/82c392/82c206 Opti-386WB Chipset, here is the datasheet for future reference. The Bus divider options are clk2in/8 or clk2in/6, so with an am386dx40 (80 Mhz crystal) and the 8 divider the actual isa bus is 10Mhz. Input PIN 14 (BCLKS) of 82c391 selects the multiplier, if low clk2in/8 is selected, if high clk2in/6 is used.
IC marked CHIP 5 is the 82c392 while IC marked CHIP 6 is the 82c391.

Sadly, as far as i am able to understand this, this doc doesn't seem to match with my motherboard's register values.
I used AMISETUP and checked bits in registers 20h, 21h, 22h, 25h and couldn't match anything with the docs. Had completely non-sensical bits in those registers according to this datasheet.
I also checked registers from AMISETUP's "Extended/Chipset Setup", which shows register, bits in it and what those bits do, and it also doesn't seem to match the datasheet. (I made a picture from AMISETUP, that shows some common registers, bitmasks and current settings with description for comparission)

For MR.BIOS, i still need to get the proper EEPROMS before i can try it out. I'll definitely let you know, when that happens. 😀

If I'm not mistaken those in amisetup are CMOS registers not chipset registers. It's normal they don't match.

From AMISETUP.DOC
"Register
Hexadecimal number of the CMOS register that stores the setting. This information may help experienced users to change settings manually using Change Register. If a `+' sign is displayed after the register number, there might be other registers affected."

Basically it's the place in CMOS memory mapping where Ami Hi-flex bios stores that setting.
Take a look here:
http://bochs.sourceforge.net/techspec/CMOS-reference.txt

Reply 24 of 26, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh, so at least with the help of AMISETUP, there's nothing really to match for me to confirm the chipset?

Reply 25 of 26, by Madowax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote on 2020-10-04, 13:40:

Oh, so at least with the help of AMISETUP, there's nothing really to match for me to confirm the chipset?

Maybe under diagnostic menu there is something which can give away the chipset the mobo is using.

Reply 26 of 26, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Madowax wrote on 2020-10-06, 05:34:
GigAHerZ wrote on 2020-10-04, 13:40:

Maybe under diagnostic menu there is something which can give away the chipset the mobo is using.

Bios Version:

BIOS source: Protected Mode
BIOS manufacturer: American Megatrends, INC.
BIOS revision: HighFlex (A)
BIOS date: 06/06/92
BIOS version seems to be OK

CMOS RAM checksums:

CMOS RAM size: 128 Bytes
First checksum: OK (10-2D: 048B)
Second checksum: OK (34-6B: 057C)
CMOS RAM checksums seem to be OK

Doesn't click anything for me... 🙁