Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/vi … +/datasheet.pdf
missing R149 at Pin 16 of ICS9148-60 is most likely a 200ohm pullup to 3.3V
b21.jpg
cheapest way of gimping BX board to 66MHz speeds

AlessandroB wrote:

the only thing I have to do is weld a 10kohm smd resistor in that place?

more likely 0 or 200ohm, but first get a multimeter, set it to resistance mode and measure (on turned off computer) ICS9148-60 between
-pin 16 (our magic select signal) and pin 19 (ground)
-pin 16 (our magic select signal) and 20 (3.3V source)
-other leg of R149 and pin 19 (ground)
-other leg of R149 and 20 (3.3V source)

This will tell us what needs to be modified. This board will definitely run 100MHz, IBM simply limited cheaper version by omitting some parts.

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 41 of 45, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If that's how an internal voltage divider looks like on a 100MHz FSB PII, then it's pretty self explanatory, why this motherboard can't run @ 100MHz FSB. Klamath PII BSEL is always tied to ground, hence only 66MHz FSB, while Deschutes allows 100MHz FSB only when PLL has a pull-up resistor on MB.

Reply 42 of 45, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First of all thank you, you are all extremely professional but I see that it is something a little complex to do, for the moment my work leaves me very little time so I pause and try in August. For now I will use the 66mhz computer. As soon as I can try it I will continue this post. thanks for now.

Reply 43 of 45, by Con 2 botones

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AlessandroB wrote on 2019-05-24, 07:46:

First of all thank you, you are all extremely professional but I see that it is something a little complex to do, for the moment my work leaves me very little time so I pause and try in August. For now I will use the 66mhz computer. As soon as I can try it I will continue this post. thanks for now.

Did you have any luck making a 100Mhz bus CPU (be it PII or PIII) work properly in this system?
I have recently acquired the same one (300GL 6287) and faced the same problem.

Installed latest BIOS rom available but nothing...all 100mhz bus Pentium II and Pentium III tried, work at 66mhz.

Why would they install DIP switches on the board and a sticker indicating how to enable 100mhz bus , if it doesn´t work at all, is beyond my comprenhension...

Last edited by Con 2 botones on 2022-01-17, 17:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 44 of 45, by Paadam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Because that way they could sell 100 MHz capable models for more 😀

Many 3Dfx and Pentium III-S stuff.
My amibay FS thread: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?88030-Man ... -370-dual)

Reply 45 of 45, by Con 2 botones

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Paadam wrote on 2022-01-17, 15:49:

Because that way they could sell 100 MHz capable models for more 😀

I can understand that, but at least...do not install the Dip switches and paste misleading stickers on the system that is NOT 100Mhz capable...