VOGONS

First post, by Violett'Blossom

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, I have acquired this Toshiba A25-S207 laptop about 3 days ago,
it has desktop 2.66 Ghz Pentium 4 768Mb of memory, and Trident CyberBlade XP2 (Voodoo 3 2000ish performance) with 32Mb of memory.1024x768 screen. 😊

The laptop is really lovely (and extremely heavy 😁 ) nearly silent and well build.

Which os should I use ? This laptop supports only XP and Win 2000 (Or i think at least I can find drivers for only those two oses from toshiba)

Also what games should I play ? Iam not really familiar in late 90' gaming (Iam interested in RPGs and FPS mostly). 🤣

I know that the GPU bottlenecks CPU a lot. I thought about underclocking CPU.

Any ideas are hugely appreciated 😊

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retro gaming : Compaq Armada E500
Portable : MacBook Air 2012
Hackingtosh : I5 6500 8GB DDR4 RX480 8GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply 1 of 3, by BushLin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do you have a monitor which doesn't have height adjustment and is too low?
Do you sometimes need to prop a door open?
Sorry, I joke but if you can't see a purpose then maybe you don't need it

Screw period correct; I wanted a faster system back then. I choose no dropped frames, super fast loading, fully compatible and quiet operation.

Reply 3 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've got 2 "useless" laptops that have to represent "useless OS's" that I personally would never install on a dedicated PC build
In my case a Win98 FE and WinME.

So I'd go with Win2000. I'm assuming you'll still want a "proper" Win98 and WinXP PC, so this'll make a nice little machine you can test with but doesn't take up space.