VOGONS

First post, by Yggdrasil2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I need some help. The computer running Windows 98 does not work correctly with a simultaneously connected dyn 5 keyboard and ps/2 mouse. The keyboard starts flashing with all three LEDs and button presses are registered incorrectly. Double click stops working at the mouse. The p5t30-b4e motherboard supports ps/2 mice through the optional connector bracket. But the connector is not straight, but C-shaped. I made my own connector from an old USB connector. But one device without the other is working fine (KB without a mouse and a mouse without KB). Help me please. Sorry for bad English.

Reply 1 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As per the pinned topic in this forum: "This forum is for running old Windows games on NEW (supported) versions of Windows" Ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by Yggdrasil2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

As per the pinned topic in this forum: "This forum is for running old Windows games on NEW (supported) versions of Windows" Ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Sorry about this. I'm new here.

Stiletto wrote:

Moved.

Thank you!

Reply 4 of 5, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What keyboard and what mouse are you using? It almost sounds like the motherboard can't supply enough power to run both at the same time. If you're using a power-hog like the IBM Model M, that's likely, if it's a relatively modern design less so.

Reply 5 of 5, by Yggdrasil2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dionb wrote:

What keyboard and what mouse are you using? It almost sounds like the motherboard can't supply enough power to run both at the same time. If you're using a power-hog like the IBM Model M, that's likely, if it's a relatively modern design less so.

Mouse is "Genius Netscroll Optical ps2", keyboard is LOT (or LCT?) NK-668.