First post, by nztdm
I've designed a MicroATX XT motherboard based on Sergey Kiselev's Micro 8088 SBC and ISA cards as seen here: http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects
Can be used as a full featured XT without any cards.
- 8088 and NEC V20 support
- 8087 co-processor support
- 4.77MHz, switchable to 9.55MHz with Ctrl-Alt-+
- 2x64K ROM, switchable with DIP switch, writable
- 832K RAM
- 640K conventional
- up to 192K UMBs (160K max when using VGA)
- Configured DOS 6.22 uses only 10K conventional!
- Onboard TVGA9000i SVGA
- HD Floppy controller, with FM support
- Bootable CF Card Interface
- Option ROM Socket, supporting 8K and 32K ROMs, writable
- 16550 Serial Port
- PS/2 Keyboard Port
- ATX Power Input. Generates own -5V
- 4 x 8-bit ISA Slots
- ASUS-style front-panel connector for modern cases
The project is at Revision 1.2, with all known bugs ironed out.
Source files are here on Github if you'd like to make one.
All parts are still in production today, except:
FE2010A XT chipset (hard to find)
TVGA9000i VGA chipset (hard to find, optional)
PC8477BV-1 floppy controller (plentiful on eBay, optional)
I have some parts, and will be offering complete boards and DIY kits here.