VOGONS

First post, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a QIC-80 tapedrive from the Company Shuttle Technology, the Shuttle Tape 250F. This is an external Parallel Tape drive. Now i wanted to use W98 to read some old tapes of mine. But i can't find any driver nor does Win98 recognize the drive out of its own.

I opened the case, inside is a Archive Modell 31250Q and a circuit board with a Shuttle print on it.

The only think i could find on google were eBay sales. But not any piece of information or driver.

Reply 1 of 5, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this logo look familiar on your unit

shttletech.jpg
Filename
shttletech.jpg
File size
10.38 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

if so, you could try looking here on their website archive for drivers (no later than early May 2000)

https://web.archive.org/web/2000*/www.shuttletech.com

but I suspect they supplied these to OEMs only.

TBH, if you can you may have more chance getting the Archive Corporation 31250Q tape drive working without their custom pcb interface.

Reply 2 of 5, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes that's the Logo. But i cannot find much information about Tape-Drives there. The earliest snapshot is from 1999 and the device from 1994

I would like to get it working via the LPT-Port, because my Pentium III is already pretty full containing a 3,5" and 5,25" Diskdrive, a LS120 and a ZIP250. So not much place to put the Tapestreamer.

If someone only had the drivers. I noticed on the inside a date from April 1994, so i suppose it has DOS-Drivers, or maybe Windows 3.1, NT3.5 or Netware 3.2. hhhmmmm or OS2....

Reply 3 of 5, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sometimes the driver were included with the backup application.

Some applications had drivers for popular backup drives.

Maybe your best option is to locate that backup program (or maybe check if Windows NT or 2000 have drivers for that tape and use it to retrieve the backups).

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 5, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Other question: I have more old Tapestreamers here, like the Iomega Tape 250. I lokked here: http://vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=61&menustate=35,0, does someone know, what drivers or software i can use with that device? Or is the driver not there?