VOGONS

Reply 129 of 189, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a request: MFX - Transgression 2, but on an overpowered machine (1GHz+) with extremely high values for the -rmin and -rmax parameters (see INTRO.NFO for explanation. 😉) I tried -rmin 4096 -rmax 16384 on DOSbox, but it gets pretty slow with that many rays. It'd be amazing to see this running on hardware with 10000+ rays at 30FPS. (You might want to lower the -delay to increase the framerate too.)

There's also a highcolor mode (-hc), but it's pretty flaky. I couldn't get it to run on anything.

I don't know if it's even possible to get it to run with that kind of speed, but it'd be really neat if it works.

For that matter, there really aren't any good captures of Transgression 1 or 3 on YT either, but 2 is by far the best of the trilogy, IMHO.

Still enjoying your captures! (Pulse's) Sunflower is an all-time favorite, although I usually use the fakemode since it's such a good one.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 131 of 189, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Triton - Crystal Dream 2 (1993) demoscene demo on retro PC
Aardbei - Please the Cookie Thing (2000) demoscene 64k intro on retro PC

My little retro computer world
Overdoze of the demoscene

Reply 133 of 189, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Future Crew - Assembly '92 Invitation, Fishtro (1992) demoscene demo on retro PC
Futuremark - 3DMark06 (2006) PC tech demo @ NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Reply 134 of 189, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
arncht wrote:

This was pretty nice! Satori were always good at psychedelia. Feels like it should be a lot newer than 1999. The superbly-mixed music by Lackluster helps a lot, really hard to believe that huge sound is coming from a 97k tracker file. I'm gonna have to pull it apart & see how it's made. 😀

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 135 of 189, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there is the "tao", which is older 😀 it will come later.

Soopadoopa - Okiedokie (1999) demoscene demo on retro PC

Reply 139 of 189, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Aaaaaaah, SUCH a good demo. Style out the wazoo and a PERFECT soundtrack to match. Mandula didn't make many things but they really nailed it on the last couple they did (this one & Live Evil.)

That Soopadoopa demo you captured a few days ago was really nice too. Love that style & great music.