VOGONS

First post, by kohellus@gmail.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, iam from finland and trying to fix some old stuff. Couldnt really find correct places but reading this place for all sorts of windows related stuff and retros generally so i thought i ask from pros about some old computers i got for cheap, philips And so on but the black one should be working but both are missing peripherals and the white one is missing some keys, teally not so white but..if anyone knows or has, any info would be great and phripherals too, thanks. White one has some cut out cable sticking from the side. Thought it could be video or power cable but hasvent tested them yet.

Hmm files are too big the black one is philips vg-8010 48/32 and the.white one is svi 728 msx. Ill try to get pics rezided soon, ipad isnt for pic manipulation.

Reply 1 of 4, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi and welcome
Do post some pics.. I've found there are lots of friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable people here. Even on more advanced hardware repair

There are easy to use online pic resizers that work fine- just google for Pic Resizer

Enjoy
Rich

Reply 2 of 4, by kohellus@gmail.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all and thanks Rich for that hint. There are lots of online tools today but didnt remember those. But heres some pics. The black one is, what i can see, in a good condition. Caps are not over done and it has no dust or anything. Its kinda spotless. Maybe has some fixing in the past? Tho case is not in so good order. So theres a good project to be done. Not sure about the middle board with jumper wires, can be original.

But the white one is dusty and everything. Caps are good and all but that heat glue has to go away. Propably factory but me thinks that those cables wont come out that easily. And the weird cut cable was a power cable. Propably had some plating in the case because theres no adapter left inside or marks that there were one. But have to get some power supplys before i can see how they work and that MSX one needs a keyboard or some fix kit for the old one. Maybe someone kicked it because games werent working but the legs in the keyboard got broken off with the keycaps when they flew off somewhere

Attachments

• white2.jpg
    Filename
    white2.jpg
    File size
    210.36 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • white1.jpg
    Filename
    white1.jpg
    File size
    84.22 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • black3.jpg
    Filename
    black3.jpg
    File size
    269.8 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • black2.jpg
    Filename
    black2.jpg
    File size
    387.01 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • black1 (2).jpg
    Filename
    black1 (2).jpg
    File size
    89.23 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 3 of 4, by kohellus@gmail.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

some more pics.

Attachments

• white6.jpg
    Filename
    white6.jpg
    File size
    285.66 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • white5.jpg
    Filename
    white5.jpg
    File size
    160.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • white4.jpg
    Filename
    white4.jpg
    File size
    188.64 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • white3.jpg
    Filename
    white3.jpg
    File size
    173.2 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 4 of 4, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome. Also pop over to the vcfed forums. http://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum.php as they have some very knowledgeable folk that deal with early computers of all types.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉