VOGONS

First post, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello
I updated the BIOS(now 2002) of a socket A MSI motherboard and it now sees the 250GB IDE HDD drive correctly.
- I have installed the Win98SE already before I did the BIOS update it said something like "137GB" then.
How to now partition the disk to 2x125GB partitions like C:\=125GB and D:\=125GB ?
- Do I need to install the Win98SE again ?

I have little knowledge about partitioning in general but at least I have succeeded in BIOS update and in installing the Win98SE. 😀 So progress.

Reply 1 of 2, by BushLin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What happened to the SSD?

You can resize the 1st partition with decent partition software. I trust and prefer Acronis Disk Director but gparted is free and comes on most Linux live CDs, Linux Mint 17.3 (MATE 32-bit) is a safe choice. It's recommended to keep the first partition below 20GB to avoid quirks in Win98.

Screw period correct; I wanted a faster system back then. I choose no dropped frames, super fast loading, fully compatible and quiet operation.

Reply 2 of 2, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Or you can install with the 48bit pached esdi_503.pdr (IIRC that's the file name) and use that 250gb as a single partition with no issues.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website