VOGONS

First post, by TimWolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looking for a definitive guide for the cheap and hacky method of getting a low price common slocket 370 Tualatin 133FSB working with i440BX on an Asus P2B (mine is P2B-S with the scsi). I know people have adapted them with pins and power regulators, but I see allot of conflicting information. The majority of what I find on google is well over 15 years old and only half the story. So anybody still around that has done this, or that is doing it now? Would love to push the envelope on this lovely motherboard.

Thanks as always, in advance!

Reply 1 of 4, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try this thread: https://msfn.org/board/topic/173706-processor-question/

And the corresponding thread on Vogons: Needed: Pictures of your completed Tualatin mods

It worked when I tested it with a regular BX/ZX slot 1 board (my MX6B EZ). This is the later method from what I could tell, it gives a more close to spec voltage than some of the other mod methods. I recommend removing the pins that need to be isolated from the CPU, if it's possible to do so. I permanently modded one of my MS6905 slotkets for this purpose. Connect up the two pins (AK4 > AN11) on the CPU using some thin enamelled wire.

Reply 3 of 4, by TimWolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the resources. Looks like the S.Korean guy is still around and selling 1.3/100 and 1.4/133 modified cpus still. He thinks the 1.4 will work with the right slotket. Should be able to make it happen for $60ish without much modding. A whole heck of allot less than $300 for a factory solution on the secondary market.