VOGONS

First post, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm trying to repair this 386 motherboard. It has Contaq 82C591/592 chipset, there is also UMC 82C206L chip.
I fixed alot of cold solder joints and bent pins on CPU and chipset, and installed 80MHz oscillator which was missing. Only thing left before I will try to fire it up are the jumpers. It's missing at least three of them and I have no idea what they do. Unfortunatelly I couldn't find this motherboard on TULARC.
Only other thing that could help identifying this motherboard is SER.386-CQV1 writing on the bottom side. I guess SER is the brand as it also appears on the warranty sticker. There are some SER motherboards at TULARC but not this model amd I couldn't find anything regarding this brand/model combination in Google...

Also AMI BIOS strings:
40-0100-001133-00101111-121291-CTQ 386 23H-1-0000-00-00-0000-00-00-29L

Attachments

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 2 of 4, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Warlord wrote:

Seritech ? The digits in the 3rd row of the bios string indicate that much.

see here
http://izze.de/docshtml/bioscomp/amboard.htm

Yup, most certainly this would also explain the "SER" in the motherboard's model...

Any suspicion on the jumpers?
Jumpers are missing on:
JP15 (over KBC)
JP11 and JP12 (between the ISA slots and the chipset)
JP3 (under cache chips)
Maybe also on the JP4-JP10 jumper row

It would be nice to get this motherboard running... I'm pretty sure it was about to be scrapped only because of cold solder joints under chipset and CPU pins...

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 4 of 4, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Warlord wrote:

The battery is missing, looks like it was next to the keyboard connector.

Yeah, because I desoldered it (it already started leaking, no battery leak dammage yet though).

I8v8PGb.jpg